MX Subversion Repositories
Here may be found the
repositories for MX and its associated packages:
- A Python API wrapper that exports most of MX's functionality.
Currently supports Python 2.7 and Python 3.
- Contains the MX server, MX autosave server, MX motor client,
and utility programs such as mxget and mxput.
It also contains a set of dynamically loaded modules that implement
interfaces to proprietary vendor software.
- A Tcl API wrapper for MX. It does not implement support for
more recently added device classes, such as "area_detector".
- A very limited
IDL API wrapper for MX. At present, it only supports
raw mxget and mxput commands as well as a subset of MX area detector
- Provides wxPython
widgets for displaying and controlling MX network variables.
- Provides wxPython widgets for controlling EPICS PVs.
Graphical User Interfaces
- wxPython-based GUI for area detector control.
- wxPython-based GUI for multichannel analyzer control.
Has been used as the primary hardware control system for Dexela/Aviex and RDI area detectors. The software for this can be found in the
http://svn.csrri.iit.edu/mx/trunk/modules directory in the
aviex_pccd, xineos_gige, radicon_taurus, and radicon_helios modules.
- Monitors a directory for the arrival of new image frames
generated by an area detector and copies them to archival storage.
(Not complete yet)
- A set of small programs for operating on files produced and
used by MX-controlled area detectors.
- An interface for controlling MX motors via a Pygame-compatible
joystick or gamepad.
External Control System Interfaces
- MX-compatible API wrapper for EPICS PVs.
Mx-based EPICS Channel Access Server
- This server exports MX functionality to EPICS clients using
EPICS PVs. It is implemented using the Channel Access Server library.
MX Blu-Ice Server
- This server can act as a Blu-Ice DHS (device hardware) server.
It also supports a subset of DCSS functionality.
MarCCD (now Rayonix)
MX MarCCD goniostat
- This provides a MarCCD-compatible goniostat interface for MX.
MX documentation (as LaTeX source)
Last modified by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 21, 2021.